In August 2017 Yamaha will introduce two limited edition enduro models to complement the company’s current off road competition line up. These specially developed enduro race bikes are inspired by the Outsiders Yamaha Official Enduro Team factory machine that took Loïc Larrieu to 3 overall in the 2016 E2 World Enduro Championship, and secured an Enduro GP class victory at the 2017 Enduro GP of Italy.
Based on Yamaha’s WRF production bikes,the new WR450F Enduro GP & WR250F Enduro GP come with a range of exclusive features as standard, and are aimed at closed circuit enduro riders who are looking for added performance,style and exclusivity.
Manufactured from lightweight titanium alloy, the Akrapovič slip-on muffler enhances the engine character and gives both of these new Enduro GP models a deep and gutsy exhaust sound.
The ECU mapping has also been modified to optimize the engine performance with the Akrapovič fitted – and Yamaha also offer the optional Power Tuner that enables riders to fine-tune their WR450F Enduro GP & WR250F Enduro GP at the track side. This easy to use plug-in device enables riders to adjust ignition and fueling mapping to suit different track and weather conditions.
The WR450F & WR250F Enduro GP models are also fitted with Outsiders Yamaha Official Enduro Team inspired factory graphics on the shrouds, fenders, side panels, front plate, swingarm and forks. These high quality graphics give added scratch protection, and the iconic blue/black/white design underlines the exclusive factory bike look of these special edition enduro models.
For added protection from flying debris kicked up by other bikes, these Enduro GP bikes benefit from Acerbis Tri-fit hand guards whose multi-function design means that they can be used in open or closed ‘wraparound’ positions.
These exclusive features build on the race-proven strengths of the standard models, and give every rider the opportunity to own and race an exclusive factory-style enduro bike that is ready to power into the victory zone!
WR450F Enduro GP& WR250F Enduro GP highlights
- Limited Edition enduro race bikes
- Inspired by Loïc Larrieu’s Outsiders Yamaha Official Enduro Team Enduro GP bike
- Aimed at closed circuit enduro riders who are looking for added performance,style and exclusivity
- Lightweight titanium Akrapovič slip-on muffler
- High quality factory-style anti-scratch graphics
- Optimized ECU mapping
- Acerbis Tri-fit multi-function blue handguards
- High-efficiency reverse head fuel injected engine
- Compact and agile aluminium bilateral beam frame
- Mass centralised design for agile handling
- Classleading AOS front forks
- Monocrosslink-type rearsuspension
- Switchless electric start
- Wide ratio transmission and enduro clutch
- Top mounted airboxwith quickly removable airfilter
- Optional Power Tunerfor adjustable mapping
The WR450F Enduro GP and WR250F Enduro GP will be available at Yamaha dealers in August 2017. We are still checking when these models will be available in UAE market.