Everyone loves the beautiful appearance of motorcycles with single-sided swingarms. However, the lack of a centre-stand on these special motorbikes makes regular maintenance, like chain lubing and adjustments, a hassle. A paddock stand does the job to lift the rear tyre off the ground, but it is on the expensive side and requires space for storage. So, what’s an affordable and clever solution? The tidy and cost-effective solution is the innovative SnapJack SS, an indispensable tool for riders who love their single-sided-swingarm motorcycles.
What Is It?
The SnapJack SS uses the innovative architecture that underpins the patent-pending SnapJack V2, using a clever pivoting design that levers up a rear wheel in mere seconds. Almost instantly, the wheel spins freely, allowing quick and efficient chain adjustment and lubing, as well as enabling convenient wheel cleaning and tire inspections.
SnapJack SS is built tough with high-strength low-alloy (HSLA) steel produced in the USA and CNC-formed in Canada, using industrial-grade powder-coating for a durable finish. A high-quality stainless steel knuckle securely holds the Delrin-covered roller that inserts into the axle hub for a dependable and sturdy fit. The collapsible design folds in half to just 9 inches for easy storage anywhere, even in luggage to enable on-the-road maintenance!
How Does It Work?
The SnapJack SS uses mechanical leverage to effortlessly raise the rear wheel by applying vertical force to the swingarm that levers securely against the motorcycle’s side stand.
- Apply the front brake with the included Velcro strap and turn handlebars to the left.
- Insert the roller into the rear axle.
- Place the cleated base a few inches away from the tire with the pivot at a shallow angle.
- Push the pivot section toward the bike, raising the rear tire off the ground.
The SnapJack SS Kit includes the following elements:
- Height-adjustable two-piece pivoting section with cleated base
- Ball-lock detent pin to secure the SnapJack in its lifted position
- Front brake lever strap
- Anti-slip rubber pads for use on smooth/slippery surfaces
- 29mm or 42mm roller to accommodate popular axle diameters
Available for most Ducati, KTM and Triumph motorcycles with single-sided swingarms, the carefully engineered and tested SnapJack SS retails for only $69.99 (AED 257).