We thoroughly enjoyed the previous season of the UAE Sportbike Championship (Al Masaood National Motorcycle Championship) and we hope you guys had fun too. Just like last time, Bike Nation will once again cover the entire season and bring you all the latest updates. This year, the UAE Sportbike Championship will be organised and promoted by Furiosa Racing and hosted at the world-class Dubai Autodrome circuit between November 2019 and March 2020.
Furiosa Racing has formed strong partnerships with brands like Bike Nation, Ings Rides Real, R&G, Termignoni, Capit and Mivomoto, with many more to join before the start of the first race.
UAE Sportbike Championship categories-
There will be three categories in total – 600cc Supersport (fully modified), 600cc Superstock (more stock version of the road-going model) and the Milwaukee DUCATI Pro-Twins (one make arrive and ride category).
600cc Supersport and 600cc Superstock class-
– Riders will race their own motorcycles (sporting and technical regulations will be available on request).
– 1,500 AED Club Membership fee for the season (will receive a complimentary Milwaukee Heavy-Duty club membership on season sign up which entitle the competitor to various benefits at local hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, transfer services and gyms).
– 1,750 AED per race day for entry or 7,875 AED for all 5 rounds (10% discount).
– 1,600 AED per Pirelli SC1 or SC2 tyre set (including fitment on a Thursday night before race day).
– There will be a Rookie cup available in each class for those who would be holding a race licence for the first time.
Milwaukee DUCATI Pro-Twins
– 35,000 AED for the full season.
– All riders will receive a free Milwaukee gift pack which includes an automatic tyre pump, laser temperature gun, helmet dryer and a kit bag.
– All riders will receive 3 free Track days at the Dubai Autodrome.
– A fully maintained Ducati 899 for each of the race weekends (includes: fuel, services, brake pads, paddock stands, tyre warmers and 5 sets of new tyres).
– Includes all practice and race day entry fees, and all trackside technical support.
– Additional Track Day practices will be charged at a discount rate of only 775 AED per Track Day.
– All motorcycles are fully kitted out with R&G crash protection and race kits.
– With many riders already signed up for the season and only 3 spots left in the Milwaukee Ducati Pro-Twins class.
All those riders who are interested in getting a piece of the action can contact Kyle at Furiosa Racing on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get a race licence?
Well, it is very easy. One can contact Furiosa Racing for the application forms, take a simple medical examination at any clinic, attend an assessment class (24 October 2019 starting at 1 pm at Dubai Autodrome before the Club circuit Track Day in the evening for a small fee of 250 AED) and once these are completed, all the information is submitted to the Emirates Motorsports Organisation.
Another great news is the announcement that Dubai Autodrome and Emirates Motorsports Organisation have been working tirelessly to reopen the International and Grand Prix layouts which will now be used at public Track Days and on national race days for the motorcycles.