This article applies to those who have a motorcycle license from a country which is valid in the UAE and would like to apply for a motorcycle license in Dubai.
Applicants from the following countries who hold a passport as well as a valid motorcycle license can apply for a UAE motorcycle license without a test; Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States. (Please call RTA on 8009090 for any changes to this list)
People who have any traffic fines on their existing traffic file will not be able to open a new file for a motorcycle license without clearing all pending fines.
The following supporting documents are required for your in order for your application be processed for a UAE motorcycle license in Dubai:
- Driver’s institute application form
- Passport Original and Copy
- Original Emirates ID
- Eye Test (From Optic Centres Attested by MoH or Hospitals in Dubai or the Training Institute).
- 1 Passport Size Photograph
- Valid Dubai Residence Visa.
- NOC letter from employer/sponsor
- U.A.E. Nationals owning a passport issued from another Emirate, must have an NOC from respective Traffic Department.
- Expatriates working in the Dubai branch of a company with a trade license from another Emirate may also apply for the learner’s permit in Dubai as long as the following is available:
- The working title is ‘Manager’ and is noted in the residence visa
- The company branch carries out the same commercial activity as that noted in the sponsor’s/mother company’s trade license.
You can call the RTA on 8009090 to find out the license centre closest to your location.