R nineT Pure – purist roadster for entry into the BMW Motorrad Heritage world of experience.
R nineT Racer – classic old-school sports motorcycle.
BMW Motorrad presents the R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure – two motorcycles that add two exciting new facets to the BMW Motorrad Heritage world of experience: the roadster reduced to the essentials and the classic, old-school half-faired sports motorcycle. These are both concepts that were popular in the 1960s and 1970s and inspire more and more motorcycle enthusiasts today.
Prices and launch dates of the new BMW R nineT models.
The BMW R nineT Pure will be sold in Germany at a price of
EUR 12,300.00 incl. 19% VAT (recommended retail price).
The BMW R nineT Racer will be sold in Germany for
EUR 13,300.00 incl. 19% VAT (recommended retail price).
Both heritage models will be launched in March 2017.
R nineT Pure: purist roadster for dynamic, classic riding pleasure on country roads. The R nineT Pure embodies the essence of the purist, classic roadster – authentically designed, without frills and reduced to the absolute essentials. The design draws on a blend of both classic and modern stylistic elements of motorcycle construction combined with high-end details such as footrests and fork bridges in forged aluminium.
The fuel tank and front mudguard of the BMW R nineT Pure are finished in the colour Catalano Grey non-metallic. In combination with black for the suspension and drivetrain, this colour emphasises the purist character of the R nineT Pure as a roadster for dynamic, classic riding pleasure on country roads.
R nineT Racer: classic 1970s sports motorcycle feeling. The R nineT Racer deliberately arouses memories of the sports motorcycles popular in the early 1970s. Crouched, compact and elongated, it conveys a sense of old-school sporty aspiration with its strikingly short half-fairing, hump seat, stub handlebars and set-back footrests, combining this overall impression with modern technology.
In Lightwhite non-metallic combined with decor that is reminiscent of past BMW Motorsport colours, the R nineT Racer is particularly light and athletic in appearance. The frame finished in Aluminium Silver prominently presents an architectural contrast with the black drivetrain, underscoring the standing of the R nineT Racer as an old-school sports motorcycle designed for dynamic riding fun on winding roads.
The highlights of the BMW R nineT Racer and R nineT Pure:
- Potent boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp) that meets EU4 requirements.
- Modular frame with scope for customising, allowing individualisation according to personal taste.
- Five-spoke light alloy cast wheels, 3.5 x 17″ at front and 5.5 x 17″ at rear (optional wire-spoked wheels).
- 320-millimetre twin disc brake at the front. ABS as standard.
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control) as an ex works option.
- 2-in-1 exhaust system made of stainless steel (polished in the Racer, brushed in the Pure).
- High-end details such as fork bridges and footrests in forged aluminium.
- R nineT Pure in Catalano Grey non-metallic as a classic, purist roadster.
- R nineT Racer with half-fairing, hump seat and set-back footrests in the style of a 1970s sports motorcycle.
- R nineT Racer in Lightwhite non-metallic combined with multi-coloured decor reminiscent of past BMW Motorsport colours, with the frame in Aluminium Silver.
Get ready riders, models will be launched in March 2017, go for a test ride, and make a call on your new motorbike.